Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Thursday 18 June 2020

My pandemic epiphany: running a half marathon alone was incredible

With forty-four loved ones on the phone, Caitlin Curran realized she didn’t need the crowd for this race to be special

  • In this new series, Guardian writers reflect on what they’ve learned in lockdown. Share your experience in the comment section

I often feel choked up walking to the start line of a race. It feels silly to be overcome by emotion, but it’s beautiful to be part of a large group of people doing the same simple activity. I usually love running because it is solitary, for me at least – I don’t run with a buddy or a running club. But race days are special.

Related: My pandemic epiphany: I'd be happy to parent full-time

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/3dbESk5

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot