Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Tuesday 14 August 2018

I watched Nicolas Cage movies for 14 hours straight, and I'm sold

Luke Buckmaster entered an overnight marathon a fan of the actor. Seven films later, he emerged with reverence

What kind of masochists would attend an all-night Nicolas Cage movie marathon? What kind of sadists would program seven of his films in a row? If one wants to observe the famously extravagant American actor for 14 hours straight, why not do it from the comfort of your own home?

I ponder these questions en route to the Melbourne international film festival’s overnight Cage-a-Thon, and think about how I might answer them myself. I have always been a fan of Cage’s work, perhaps even a big one, but did I really understand the reverie he elicits from his fans? I did not. Any casual observer can see that Cage is entertaining, charismatic and wildly flamboyant, but what is it about the 54-year-old performer that deserves seven movies, played back-to-back?

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/2MJqQtn

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot