Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Sunday 4 July 2021

Pulitzer winner Katori Hall: ‘I think of theatre as a church. It’s a sanctuary’

Her Tina Turner musical is a smash, her stripper TV show P-Valley sizzles –and now The Hot Wing King, inspired by her gay brother, has earned her one of the world’s top gongs

One afternoon in mid-June, the playwright Katori Hall glanced at her phone. A text had come in from a former agent. “OMG,” it read. Hall was confused. Then her current agent phoned, telling her she had just won this year’s Pulitzer prize for drama.

“And I was like, ‘Whaaat?!’” Hall recalls. “I started screaming and running around in circles in my house.” Her young son was less impressed. “He was like, ‘Mom, be quiet. I’m looking at YouTube.’”

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/2VcnZ5z

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot