Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Wednesday 7 July 2021

Amber Heard has had a baby – and proved an important point | Arwa Mahdawi

The actor is part of a growing trend for women to choose to become single mothers, a choice that represents genuine progress

Amber Heard has had a baby girl. “Who cares?” you might ask. Ordinarily, not me. However, while strangers reproducing isn’t top of the lists of things I normally think about, the actor’s baby announcement got my attention because she is part of what seems to be a growing trend of women becoming single mothers by choice. Heard is in a relationship with the cinematographer Bianca Butti, but is reportedly the sole legal parent of her daughter and decided to get pregnant before meeting Butti.

“Four years ago, I decided I wanted to have a child,” Heard wrote in an Instagram post on Thursday. “I wanted to do it on my own terms. I now appreciate how radical it is for us as women to think about one of the most fundamental parts of our destinies in this way. I hope we arrive at a point in which it’s normalised to not want a ring in order to have a crib.”

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/3AzUPgL

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot