Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Thursday 8 April 2021

‘My children were priceless jewels’: three families reflect on the health workers they lost

The parents and children of doctors and nurses who died from Covid tell of how grief has affected them

Dr Reza Chowdhury was a beloved internist with a private practice in the Bronx and a trusted voice in New York’s Bengali community. His daughter, Nikita Rahman, said despite underlying health issues that put him at higher risk of developing Covid complications, he saw patients through mid-March when he developed symptoms. He died on 9 April.

Nikita Rahman My therapist says grief is the final act of love. Every time I miss him, I think about how that is my love for him, showing up again. I like that framing of it. I think I only recently realized just how much I loved him.

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/39Y1CFh

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot