Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Thursday 29 April 2021

I am once again asking for a normal, affordable apartment | Harron Walker

A studio apartment in which the bed drops from the ceiling? For more than $3,500 a month? I mean, honestly

I began my morning, as I do many mornings, by masochistically searching different apartment listing sites for one-bedrooms and studios I could fantasize about renting –well, to the extent that one can fantasize about something so fundamentally inhumane as giving a landlord money just to have somewhere to live.

There was a gorgeous pre-war apartment in the New York neighborhood of Bed-Stuy, with rich mahogany moldings that took up an entire floor of a brownstone; a corner spot in Williamsburg with windows on two sides of the living room. Too bad everything I found cost upwards of $2,000, a monthly rent that I, a single freelance writer with no partner to speak of much less split rent with, simply cannot afford.

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/3t1BgJj

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot