Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Tuesday 6 April 2021

After 26 years of baldness, I still miss my hair. But I have new hopes of a cure | Emma Beddington

During a period of extreme stress, I went bald, and I am regularly contacted by women going through this wrenching loss. But there may be light on the horizon

A new Harvard study has confirmed the link between stress and hair loss, giving hope it could be halted or reversed. The researchers identified that the release of stress hormones suppresses a molecule, Gas6, involved in hair production, while adding Gas6 promoted regrowth. Does this mean a cure for baldness is finally a possibility? As the perpetually weary Twitter account @justsaysinmice cautions when scientific findings are dramatically reported, the research only relates to rodents, but it’s an important breakthrough.

As someone who went bald 26 years ago after an exceptionally savage period of stress, it’s interesting to have the anecdotal confirmed by science. But does a cure matter for me or other baldies?

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/3dGnDcC

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot