Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Saturday 6 March 2021

John Lurie: ‘I wanted to break into Martha Stewart’s house and change the curtains. My lawyer said no’

He’s hung out with Warhol and gone ice fishing with Willem Dafoe, but the Fishing With John man’s new series stars just him and his canvas

I was hoping that this show would be educational,” explains John Lurie, while dabbing at a canvas in HBO’s new six-parter Painting With John. “But I really don’t know what the fuck I’m doing. I’m just stubborn. I refuse to let these paintings be bad, so I just work on them until they’re good.” It’s one of the more concise life lessons that Lurie offers during the cult figure’s long-awaited return to the small screen.

Related: The Guide: Staying In – sign up for our home entertainment tips

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/3uY1VJ6

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot