Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Friday 5 March 2021

It’s finally time to leave the slanket on the sofa – I can’t wait to get dressed up again | Hannah Jane Parkinson

I miss the thrill of stepping out of the shower, hair fresh, picking out what to wear

As a kid, I hated getting dressed up. I wore a skirt only on pain of death, and found makeup rather puzzling until I was about 16. I skipped that childhood phase of walking around in a mother’s high heels, big as boats on tiny, smooth-soled feet.

The more confident I became – the less torturedly teenage – I began to enjoy dressing up to go out, and cultivating my own style. (This no doubt related to a greater enjoyment of the places I was going.) I started to appreciate that one’s appearance does affect mood and behaviour. Now, a vaccine surge promising a semblance of social life, I am beginning to think once again of not wearing a slanket.

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/2PDyNGX

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot