Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Monday 9 November 2020

'I just want to see the person I always saw in my head': the story of a face

How a trans woman found the surgery that could restore her sense of self

When the children at Sophia Drake’s primary school in rural Wales used to talk about what superpower they’d like, she always told them she wanted to be a shapeshifter. “But I didn’t want to be an animal. I didn’t want to be Spider-Man or Muhammad Ali, I just wanted to change into a woman.”

Drake was born biologically male. For as long as she can remember, she felt different and uncomfortable, and experimented with whatever identities and fads she could in an effort to belong. Video games saved her. When she discovered them as a child, she found she could get lost in a world where she could embody any character she liked. “They took me to places where I didn’t have all those issues and problems; I wasn’t this confused child, I could pick who I wanted to be,” she told me.

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/2U9wmuz

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot