Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Saturday 14 November 2020

I feel bullied and hopeless. How can I find happiness? | Dear Mariella

Go back to therapy and use the skills to better understand yourself and combat self loathing, says Mariella Frostrup

The dilemma I am a woman in my 30s. On paper I am bright – an Oxford graduate with a slew of prestigious qualifications, extracurricular achievements and a fairly successful career. The reality is I just feel pathetic, ignorant and gormless. I’ve got to where I am because I’m adept at analysing and memorising information, while clearly lacking other types of intelligence. I was bullied in school and continue to be bullied in adult life, which to me reinforces how pathetic I am.

I am very physically and socially clumsy, can’t understand body language, have trouble processing what people are saying and take things literally. This has led people to comment that I am autistic. I have never sought a formal diagnosis because I do not want to use it as an excuse or even a weapon, which I’ve seen other autistic women do.

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/2IvXO3M

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot