Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Thursday 15 October 2020

Peter Frampton: 'I was kept high. If I needed cocaine, he made sure I had it'

The singer-songwriter’s career of intense highs and devastating deceptions is explored in a revealing new memoir

Peter Frampton recalls with stinging clarity the moment in 1976 when he realized his career was about to take a perilous turn. “I realized that instead of the front row being a mixture of 50-50, male and female, in the audience, it was all females at the front and the guys are pissed off at the back,” he said. “The guys would jeer at me.”

In that moment, Frampton was downgraded from a respected musician to a disposable teen idol. His credibility was being questioned at a time when the standards for such things in music were set in stone, with particular scorn directed at any rock star who was swooned over by teenage girls. Worse, his sales of over 14m copies of the double album Frampton Comes Alive, a world record at the time, set expectations impossibly high for his future. “The success was just so enormous,” he said. “I’m sure it affected me mentally.”

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/3k52xXs

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot