Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Thursday 24 September 2020

My sister and I shared my grandmother’s beautiful boots. When they were stolen, we were devastated | Helen Sullivan

Losing my grandmother’s boots left a ‘small tear’ in the fabric of our relationship, my sister said. Recently, a parcel arrived in the mail

When my little sister and I were teenagers, my grandmother gave our mother three pairs of fine old Italian shoes: green woven leather sandals, two-tone pumps; and reddish brown leather boots that came up just over the front of the knee.

All were high heels, which my mother did not often wear. They lived in a cupboard – one she had built herself in the woodworking space she had assembled in our basement – and were allowed out with us only when given permission. In those days, she was a TV news reporter. Her clothes were beautiful, but always worn with flats: penny loafers, Church’s brogues.

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/2Hwj48D

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot