Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Wednesday 9 September 2020

I was terrified lockdown would send me back to the bottle. The reality proved fantastically different

When my alcohol addiction was at its worst, I went from my bed to the supermarket and back, and my house felt like a prison. In lockdown I learned to love where I live

Lockdown filled me with fear. It took me straight back to where I had been before: isolating on my own and drinking.

I have worked from home for many years and my house is lovely – a comfortable space with large gardens. Since I have been sober, I have been quite happy living here by myself. But I have also been going to Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) meetings and usually see my sponsor regularly. Lockdown felt like the self-imposed prison I had experienced at the height of my alcoholism. I felt trapped and I wanted to run.

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/3m4K4M5

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot