Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Sunday 9 August 2020

Time for a full clearout. Why we will not forgive the men who did this to Beirut | Lina Mounzer

The explosion that devastated the city was no accident and anger is boiling over

My eyes fly open and the horror is already there. The full range of it: what happened, and how, and who is responsible. It’s 4am. My heart is pounding so fast I think I might throw up. Terrible images flash through my mind.

I’ve experienced debilitating grief before. It at least allows you short respite when you first open your eyes. Some seconds of oblivion just before you are slammed with the memory of how your life has been shattered. But there is no respite here. And it’s not just my life that has been shattered. It’s the whole world that sustains it, from loved ones to cityscape. I’ve barely slept. Just like the night before.

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/3fHDkiW

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot