Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Thursday 11 June 2020

I'm ready parent full-time: my kid is the most interesting person I know

The idea that parenting is a burden suggests work done outside the home is more interesting than work at home. Is it?

  • Our series, My pandemic epiphany, will run all summer. Share yours in the comment section

Back in February, a fellow mom of a one-year-old and I discussed how we’d like to spend more time with our kids. Wouldn’t it be great, we said, if we could take some parental leave now that our children were so much more engaging than when they were newborn and potato-like? You know what happened next.

Before the quarantine, the rhythm of my family’s weekday life looked like those of many two-parent families in New York City: two adults commuting to work, baby in childcare. About two hours a day of awake in-person time with our son, and the same number of hours spent in person with strangers on the subway. Before I became a mother I wouldn’t say I lived for the weekends, but afterwards, that changed. I like my job a lot, but not as much as I like my son. He’s the most interesting person I’ve ever met. 

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/2YuIpnY

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot