Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Saturday 13 June 2020

I’m frustrated by my boyfriend’s compulsive eating

One body-conscious woman finds her partner’s bingeing increasingly hard to take. Try to be more understanding, says Mariella Frostrup

The dilemma When my boyfriend and I first met I was attracted to his open, unrestrained nature. In general, I am still attracted to these qualities in him; however, I have become increasingly frustrated with his unrestrained relationship with food.

When I was growing up, my mother was always trying to lose weight. Consequently, I am body-conscious, eat well and exercise regularly. My boyfriend eats compulsively – often using food to combat tiredness or uncomfortable emotions – and he also binge-eats in secret. I find evidence of this under the bed and under car seats, and feel frustrated by his self-sabotage. I’m sure that my own inherited fears surrounding weight gain also play a role in my frustration with him.

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/2MYobOl

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot