Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Saturday 20 June 2020

Björn Ulvaeus: 'My favourite word? Love, despite its drawbacks in the rhyming department'

The singer on his pre-Abba cabaret act, dressing in a bathrobe while self-isolating, and the problem with his surname

Born in Gothenburg, Björn Ulvaeus, 75, formed Abba with his first wife, Agnetha Fältskog, Benny Andersson and Anni-Frid Lyngstad. In 1974, Abba won Eurovision with Waterloo, and went on to sell 380m records. In 1999, they helped bring Mamma Mia!, a musical comprised of their back catalogue, to the West End, where it has run for 21 years. The film Mamma Mia! was released in 2008. Ulvaeus is married, for the second time, and lives in Sweden.

When were you happiest?
If it wasn’t for coronavirus, it would be right now. All my life I’ve felt a pressure to achieve. It’s gone now, and that gives me a sense of freedom. Whenever I, for short moments, forget about corona and climate change, I’m happy.

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/2YYI8KC

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot