Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Wednesday 1 April 2020

When this is all over, I'm not going to stop hugging my friends | Josephine Tovey

As coronavirus keeps us apart, I have developed a very wholesome thirst for the physical intimacy we used to have with friends and family

Lately, when I find myself reaching for my phone for a distraction, it’s no longer just to mindlessly swipe through Instagram stories and semi-ironically decipher my horoscope. Instead, I catch myself constantly returning to my camera roll. In particular, the photos where I’m touching my family and friends.

There’s the fuzzy Christmas party set of my colleagues and I, all cheek to cheek, craning our heads to get in a series of group selfies. There’s a backyard family lunch, me with my arm slung over my mum’s shoulder. There’s a day at the beach with my sister and her kid, us each holding a hand as we drag her back to the car. And there’s Mardis Gras night. It was just a few weeks ago but today the photos feel as though they belong in a history book. Friends and strangers covered in glitter and sweat, dancing close at a street party, arms wrapped around waists, exuberant kisses being planted on faces, all of us joyfully, drunkenly close to each other and vigorously engaged in whatever the opposite of social distancing is.

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/3bOeWuB

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot