Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Monday 6 April 2020

In these scary times a hug would help, but it’s the one thing I cannot have | Rebecca Shaw

There’s never been more ways to connect with the people you love. But it’s not enough. Because the thing that is missing is touch

The last few weeks, I’ve been thinking a lot about different types of physical touch. Unfortunately, that is a sentence that is always going to sound inherently creepy, but I think I can get away with it, considering current circumstances. I’ve been thinking about the time at Mardi Gras a mere month ago when four of my friends attacked me with hugs and kisses, completely enveloping me in a storm of affection. Thinking about my Nanna grabbing my hand as we walk together, her laughing and clutching my arm as I attempt to convince her to try a burrito (which she refuses because she’s too white and afraid of flavour). Remembering the countless small touches with past lovers, like resting my hand on their thigh as we watch TV, or rolling over in bed at night, and having them move to spoon me instinctively.

Related: When this is all over, I'm not going to stop hugging my friends | Josephine Tovey

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/3aPw2rN

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot