Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Wednesday 4 March 2020

High on a train across the Alps: Giancarlo Staubmann's best photograph

‘We were in the Alps, on one of the most spectacular train journeys you can make. I love how the yawning man contrasts with the majesty of the mountains outside’

I’m very attached to this photograph. It was taken during the first real holiday I had with my father. Of course I’d travelled with him and my mother when I was a child, but I had to wait until I was 39 to have the experience of travelling just with him. There was no specific reason why in September 2015 we decided to take a trip of a few days into Switzerland, but I’m so glad we did. It was a magical experience and helped us better know and understand each other. And it was on that trip that I took this image that proved a turning point in my photographic career.

We were on the Bernina Express, which leaves Tirano in the north of Italy every day and travels across the Alps into Switzerland. The distinctive red train takes a historic Unesco world heritage route on the Alps’ highest railway and is one of the steepest railway climbs in the world. It’s surely one of the most beautiful and spectacular train journeys you’ll ever make.

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/32PXtP3

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot