Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Thursday 19 March 2020

Despite what Trump says, my Chinese students are not the face of this virus | Kristen Brownell

The international students I instruct in Los Angeles are in a country that’s increasingly hostile toward them. We should be spreading kindness instead

Long before most of the US population, it seems the coronavirus was in my proverbial backyard.

An urgent knock came on my office door in mid-February. I opened the door to find one of my students with tears pouring down her face. Just moments before, she had been told that her parents, who lived in China, had succumbed to Covid-19. She would not be able to return for their funerals. She’s an only child.

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/3df5amD

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot