Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Friday 20 March 2020

After just half a day of home-schooling, I am officially in awe of all teachers | Emma Brockes

While the world outside panicked over coronavirus, I was to be the calm, efficient teacher to my child. It didn’t last long

We are doing a writing exercise at the kitchen table, about 90 minutes into home-schooling. So far, it’s gone quite well. I’ve drawn a grid with alphabetised headers and I’m dictating words for my five-year-old to write down. There was a brief dispute about which pen to use – she picked up a permanent marker, then wouldn’t accept, in spite of my reasoning, that it was 100% the wrong pen – but now we’re on track.

I’ve totally got this, I think. I point out she is doing the letter S backwards, nicely ask her to try again, offer to show her how, tell her to stop being unreasonable, mutter “oh my god what is your problem I’m only trying to help you!” Now she’s screaming “stop confusing me!” Jesus Christ, there’s another month of this to go.

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/2xaZVnp

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot