Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Sunday 27 October 2019

Katie Hill, rising Democratic star, resigns amid claims of relationship with staffer

Congresswoman blames estranged husband and ‘hateful political operatives’ for smear campaign against her

California congresswoman Katie Hill, a freshman Democrat and a rising star in the party, announced her resignation on Sunday amid allegations that she had a sexual relationship with a member of her congressional staff.

“It is with a broken heart that today I announce my resignation from Congress,” Hill, 32, wrote in a resignation letter. “This is the hardest thing I have ever had to do, but I believe it is the best thing for my constituents, my community, and our country.”

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/364G1rj

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot