Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Thursday 1 August 2019

'Everything is better without alcohol, and I really do mean everything': readers on drinking

After Gay Alcorn wrote about giving up alcohol for a month readers responded with their own tales of struggle, indulgence and enjoyment

This week Gay Alcorn wrote about giving up alcohol for a month and how she was not prepared for the impact it had. She wrote:

I drank to pretend that my life was more interesting than it was, to escape from everyday problems, and because I enjoyed it. Or maybe that’s self-justifying crap. Maybe it’s just that alcohol is an addictive substance like all of those illicit drugs we demonise and, over the years, I had become addicted.

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/2ZpS1zJ

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot