Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Monday 1 July 2019

How to tell your best friend you’re in love with them – by those who have taken the plunge

Popular culture is littered with examples of great love blossoming from platonic beginnings. But in real life, falling for your best friend doesn’t always go so smoothly

It was supposed to go the way things do in the movies. Nora would tell her best friend that she loved him, he would feel the same way and then they would kiss – preferably in the rain. So when the 30-year-old arts manager declared her love for her best friend when they were still teenagers, she expected a happy ending. “I was so convinced that if you’re best friends and one of you starts getting feelings, the other person would match you.” Sadly, that was not to be the case.

“I said: ‘I’m in love with you and we should give it a go,’” Nora remembers, “and he couldn’t really meet my eye. I was like: ‘Oh God, oh God, I’ve made a massive mistake!’” He said some kind words and let her down gently. Humiliated, Nora began to cry.

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/2NrL3sG

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot