Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Sunday 23 June 2019

The new feminist armpit hair revolution: half-statement, half-ornament

Female body hair is becoming more visible in popular culture and, while the issue has been around for decades, the new enthusiasm for hirsuteness has a 21st-century twist

I am usually late to catch on to shifts in the zeitgeist; this one came to my attention just recently. While watching the HBO show High Maintenance, I noticed that Lee, the protagonist’s hip and beautiful love interest, was sporting hairy armpits.

“Look!” I cried to my husband, as though I’d unexpectedly spotted a T-shirt emblazoned with the name of my favorite obscure band. For the past couple of decades, I have seldom shaved my armpits. Now, all of a sudden, I was on-trend.

Continue reading...

from The Guardian http://bit.ly/2ID8Zoz

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot