Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Saturday 11 May 2019

How we live together: the ‘flex’ flatmates

‘It is a bit makeshift: my bedroom was the living room and there’s a gap on top of my door’

Greg, 25
I met Jessy at New York University and we really connected because we’re from the Cantonese region in China. We both love food and after class we’d go out to a restaurant and eat a stupid amount.

We lost contact after university but then we bumped into each other on our way to work. I’d been living alone in a tiny studio that cost an obscene amount of money. As the New York rental market is so expensive, some people “flex” – a one-bed apartment is converted into a two‑bed by using the living room as a bedroom. I decided that I needed to flex some time ago, and when I reconnected with Jessy, I knew she was the one.

Continue reading...

from The Guardian http://bit.ly/2VUVrfr

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot