Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Tuesday 9 April 2019

I ditched my iPhone and it changed my life | Charlotte Church

Goodbye Twitter trolls, goodbye email alerts, goodbye scroll, scroll, scroll

TS Eliot wrote of “faces / Distracted from distraction by distraction / Filled with fancies and empty of meaning / Tumid apathy with no concentration”. TS Eliot never had a smartphone.

Neither did I for a long time. No Facebook account; not even email. Like Eliot, I was a luddite, but a peculiar breed because, according to my date of manufacture, I’m supposed to be a digital native. Perhaps it’s because by the age of 20 I was up the duff in the Welsh countryside with baby brain, no signal and no wifi. I had no need for Myspace and such.

Continue reading...

from The Guardian http://bit.ly/2uOI3dI

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot