Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Tuesday 9 April 2019

Britain is in a grimmer state than I can ever remember | Polly Toynbee

As we wait for the EU to decide on a Brexit delay, the national mood has turned poisonous

The mood has turned nastier since I first visited the Big Help Project food bank in Knowsley, Merseyside, two years ago. Back then, the Brexit poison hadn’t seeped so deep. But now, when the call goes out for food donations to feed its 10,000 clients, things have changed, says Peter Mitchell, the project leader. “I get people asking, ‘Is this food for British people?’ I never used to hear that, never. It’s hideous, it makes my blood boil.”

Related: Should Labour support a second Brexit referendum? | Jess Phillips and Gloria de Piero

Continue reading...

from The Guardian http://bit.ly/2G95nsY

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot