Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Tuesday 11 December 2018

What is behind the spread of a mysterious allergy to meat?

Thousands of people are developing life-threatening reactions to animal products – and a single tiny creature is to blame.

By Maryn McKenna

It was early morning in early summer, and I was tracing my way through the woods of central North Carolina, steering cautiously around S-curves and braking hard when what looked like a small rise turned into a narrow bridge. I was on my way to meet Tami McGraw, who lives with her husband and the youngest of their kids in a sprawling development of old trees and wide lawns just south of Chapel Hill. Before I reached her, McGraw emailed. She wanted to feed me when I got there.

“Would you like to try emu?” she asked. “Or perhaps some duck?”

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/2C3Mp4Y

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot