Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Monday 5 November 2018

Why I’m so glad I talked to my dad about #MeToo before he died | Portia Crowe

I fell out with my father over his views, but we managed to talk it through. I hope other daughters will help their dads to understand

If you had asked me, a year ago, what I might one day write about in my father’s eulogy, I doubt I would have said feminism and structural misogyny in the Harvey Weinstein era.

But when my dad unexpectedly passed away last December, that is exactly what kept circling around in my head. You see, Dad and I had had a falling-out about the #MeToo movement several weeks earlier, and our hours-long overseas phone call resolving that argument was one of the last heartfelt conversations we had. It genuinely brought us closer together. Now, a year after #MeToo, as I reflect on how the world has changed over the past year, I wonder if enough dads and daughters have had these talks.

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/2D4dzK3

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot