Breaking

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Wednesday 31 October 2018

I live among the neo-Nazis in eastern Germany. And it’s terrifying | Anonymous

Chemnitz is the tip of an iceberg. Media equivocation and a failure to prosecute hate crimes has made the far right stronger

Media coverage of racist riots in the east German city of Chemnitz earlier this year showed just the tip of the iceberg: what lurks beneath the surface remains hidden.

I’m a university student and an antifascism activist living in Saxony, not far from Chemnitz. For a long time I underestimated the extent of rightwing extremism in Germany. Before I moved to this area a few years ago I didn’t know Saxony, and took antifascism for granted. I’d never come across “real” Nazis or violent racists.

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/2RnCFr9

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot